The Home Builders Association Foundation was established in 1988, as a charitable, non-profit organization. Its mission is to provide grants to community service programs focusing on special needs housing and to provide scholarships for students pursuing a career related to the building industry.
The Foundation supports both established and new community service programs whose mission and purpose fall within the parameters of the Foundation’s mission. Past recipients include: Inner City Christian Federation, Oakdale Neighbors, Harbor House Ministries, Thresholds, Christian Homes, Inc., Hope Community, Ronald McDonald House, KIDSFIRST, Westown Juliblee Housing, Inc., as well as ongoing funding to Home Repair Services and Habitat for Humanity.
As a general guideline, the Foundation approves grant requests between $1,000 and $10,000. Other requests will be considered. The Foundation provides three to four grants to community organizations every year. The amount of money devoted to grants is determined annually by the Board of Directors and is based, in part, on contributions to the Foundation during the prior year. All grants are considered single-year. Requests for grants in subsequent years must be made on a year-by-year basis.
Criteria for funding:
- Requesting organization must be a 501(c)(3) organization or educational institution and provide proof of such.
- tion in the construction industry. Request must be special needs housing related, or related to initiatives supporting student’s educa
- Request must be for use in Kent, Ionia, Montcalm and Eastern Ottawa Counties.
- Evidence of expenditure details must be provided no later than March 31st of the year following the grant payment.
- The Home Builders Association Foundation must be included in all publicity concerning the funding of the project.
The Board of Directors reviews all requests. The Board reserves the right to fund all or part of any appropriate request it approves.
Deadlines for grant applications are April 1, 2017.
Please return this completed application to:
Attn: Jodie Rykse Salmoran
3959 Clay Ave SW, Wyoming, MI 49548