Construction Manager Position Available with Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to fill the position of Construction Manager. The Construction Manager position reports to the Director of Construction and oversees the construction for both the Neighborhood Improvement and the Warranty programs outcomes. The Construction Manager also provides support to the Construction Team’s site supervisors and project managers.
- Coordinate and track the construction process for the Neighborhood Improvement Program projects.
- Determining specifications for the improvement projects using critical path methodology, coordinating completion of site work, developing scope of work and project budgets and managing costs within budget and obtaining approvals from the homeowner.
- Oversee and track the Warranty program by visiting the homeowners at the specified warranty dates and scheduling the work to be performed as defined by our warranty guidelines.
- Oversee construction work performed at Habitat work sites while working as a site supervisor as necessary. To include daily shift orientation which shall include safety awareness, general Habitat information, a form of devotion and convey relevant work information for the day’s projects.
Required skills include:
- Active Builders License from the State of Michigan, preferred.
- Minimum five years professional residential building or remodeling management experience
- Willingness and ability to work and communicate well with a diverse range of people
- Strong understanding of Universal Design, Green Building and other certifications, preferred
- BPI Building Analyst Certificate or equivalent preferred.
- Strong computer skills, ability to utilize construction management software products
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, bi-lingual preferred
- Detail oriented, organizational and logistical skills necessary, a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Perform with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in training others in construction
- Regular attendance is required
This is a full-time position with benefits. Send resumes by October 21, 2016, to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins.