Executive Assistant Position Available With Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community and hope. Our vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to fill the position of Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant position performs administrative duties and other tasks for the Executive Director that facilitates the Director’s ability to effectively lead the organization. The Executive Assistant will also spend a portion of time assisting other members of the Executive Management Team with similar administrative duties.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive Director’s schedule is followed and respected. Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Plan accommodations and travel arrangements.
- Schedules, plans and prepares for board, committee and stakeholder meetings. Prepare agenda’s and meeting materials, assure location is reserved and prepared, take notes and prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Follows up on contacts made by the Executive Director and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships. Provides communications from the Executive Director’s office to internal departments and staff, drafting letters to board members and stake holders and acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Provides solutions for appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Support with office tasks and errands, complete expense reports, filing documents, assist in keeping the executive organized and on-task.
Required skills include:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Completion of 2-3 years of college coursework in business or a related field preferred.
- Progressively responsible administrative office experience, 2-5 years as an Executive Assistant in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and OneNote and the ability to learn on various applications
This is a full-time hourly position with benefits. Send resumes by July 8, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins.